ACCIDENTS UNDER THE INFLUENCE
Florida Accidents Under The Influence Lawyers
Driving Under the Influence is the cause of over 10,000 traffic and boating deaths annually. If you live in Florida, it is likely you, or someone you know, have been involved in an accident either as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian involving the negligence of an impaired driver.
In Florida, the law states that an individual who operates a motor vehicle or watercraft with a BAC (blood alcohol content) above 0.08 is presumed to have been operating while their normal faculties were impaired. Additionally, those driving under the influence of illegal or even prescription drugs may be charged under state law as impaired operators, whether prescribed or not.
If a driver is found to be under the legal limit, it does not necessarily mean they were not impaired. Although the negligent party may not be at a level to be criminally charged, the use of alcohol and/or drugs could still be a major factor in the accident. For this reason, injury cases involving alcohol and/or drugs require analysis and consideration of all factors to effectively represent our clients.
The Robinson Law Group will explore all potential remedies in cases involving impaired drivers. The “Dram Shop” Act was designed to hold nightclubs, restaurants, bars, and other establishments that serve alcohol accountable for serving those who are minors and known alcohol dependents. If these establishments or their employees serve a known alcoholic, they might be responsible for the damage or injuries caused by that patron’s actions. If a business selling alcohol also fails to request or confirm identification, ultimately serving a minor, they can be exposed to liability for the damages that were caused by that minors acts. Lastly, if alcohol was consumed at a private home, the homeowner may be legally responsible for injuries caused by their guest(s). With multiple avenues to be investigated, you need an experienced attorney to make sure no stone is left unturned. The Robinson Law Group will fight to protect you and hold negligent parties accountable for their actions under the influence.
If you or a loved one were the victim of an Impaired Driver/ Boater, call 1-833-MAKE-THE-CALL (625-3843). Allow the team at The Robinson Law Group to provide you a FREE CONSULTATION and assist you in protecting your rights.
What To Do After a Accidents Under The Influence
- Stop and assess the situation.
- Call 911.
- Seek medical attention, if necessary.
- If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the accident scene, especially any witnesses. At the very least, write down the tag numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident.
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and other vehicles involved in the accident, even if only with a camera phone.
- Only speak to law enforcement regarding your accident.
- Advise the authorities if you believe the negligent driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Review the police report and make sure all documented information is accurate.
- Do not provide any statements or sign any documents for insurance representatives or other adverse individuals prior to contacting a lawyer.
- Dial 1-833-MAKE-THE-CALL (625-3843) for a FREE CONSULTATION 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with our team.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon an advertisement or a webpage. Before deciding whether to hire our firm, ask our office to provide you with information about our qualifications and experience. Please be advised that no communication resulting from your use of this website will create an attorney-client relationship. To create an attorney-client relationship, you will need to sign a separate written agreement with our firm. This site is owned by The Robinson Law Group and is used to advertise in different area codes and counties across the State of Florida, where Calvin Robinson, Esq., is licensed to practice law. Our headquarter is located in St. Petersburg, Florida. Call toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a FREE CONSULTATION at 1-833-MAKE-THE-CALL. (625-3843)